Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSOC] A HTML-based GUI for GNU Radio: Draft of p

From: Kartik Patel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSOC] A HTML-based GUI for GNU Radio: Draft of proposal
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2017 17:28:55 +0000

Hello Martin,

Sorry for delayed response. I was on the trip. But I concluded the proposal before that. Please find attached proposal. I believe I have clarified some boundaries of the project. But since you mention it, I think I should keep the timeline slightly more flexible.

In my proposal, the boundaries and inflexibilities are in terms of number of sinks and widgets incorporated. So, I have updated the proposal accordingly.

I will be waiting for the update. I don't expect you to provide suggestions now because I am late to reply. I am sorry for that again.

Regards,
Kartik Patel

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 11:03 PM, Martin Braun address@hidden wrote:

On 03/24/2017 12:21 PM, Ben Hilburn wrote:

> While this does prove the feasibility of independent front-end and

> back-ends, it is still "all-in" on Bokeh in the sense that the server

> and integration with GR is built with Bokeh. Again, I'm not saying

> that's the wrong decision, but I want to be sure that where the

> delineations lie are clearly called out in the proposal & docs.

I'd like to emphasize this. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a

Bokeh GUI OOT, and trying to solve all problems of the universe within a

GSoC is a sure recipe for failure. Just make sure the boundaries and

(in)flexibilities are clearly laid out.

Too broad proposal == bad proposal.

-- M