Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using filesink to store noise samples

From: Ammar Mahmood
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using filesink to store noise samples
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 22:42:07 +0500

Dear Marcus,

Thanks for the explanation. I was making .dat file correctly from file sink but was reading it incorrectly in Matlab. I was using fread command to read the file but it turned out specific matlab scripts (read_complex_binary.m to be exact) are to be used when parsing grc saved complex data to matlab. Sorted out the problem in the end and plotted a nice gaussian distribution.

Regards,
Ammar