Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simple GMSK encoder and decoder with very large b

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simple GMSK encoder and decoder with very large bandwidth
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 19:44:23 +0200

Hey Fred,

nice to have you around!

Could you maybe post a screenshot of the frequency plot so that we can evaluate what you mean with "huge"?

I think you might not be realizing that DSP like GNU Radio does it doesn't care about the number you set as sampling rate – i.e. a GMSK symbol in the configuration you're using of the GMSK mod will always be 2 samples long. And that is what defines the shape in the spectrum. So, the frequency axis in your frequency plot is really just -bandwidth;+bandwidth _labeled_.

Best regards,

Marcus