Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What do I do with this alert?

From: Johannes Demel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What do I do with this alert?
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 12:51:12 +0200

Hi Fred,

this is a warning that you want to execute a 'No GUI' flowgraph without a terminal. GRC tries to run your flowgraph by opening a new terminal. All prints etc. will go into this terminal. But GRC is missing the path to your terminal application.

How to fix this:
Go to ~/.gnuradio
edit 'config.conf' or create it if the file is not yet present.
Search for the section '[grc]' or add it if not present.
add a line in this section:
xterm_executable = /usr/bin/gnome-terminal
replace the part after '=' with the path to the shell of your choice.
Restart GRC!

I hope this helps.
The result should be that a new terminal pops up as soon as you click on EXECUTE in GRC if you want to run a 'no GUI' flowgraph.

Cheers
Johannes