[Discuss-gnuradio] The low performance of gr-ieee-802.11 running on b210

From: zhan siyu
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] The low performance of gr-ieee-802.11 running on b210 ????
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 04:11:21 +0800

Hi all,

Recently, I bought two b210 usrps. And I just successfully setup the usrps to run the gr-ieee802.11, written by Bastian. I used 2 desktops connected to usrp and run the transceiver.py program. I can ping from one to the other. I 'm so excited as I finally made it. However, I used the iperf to test the throughput between two computers through the 802.11p. The result is too low, only around 120kb/s , as shown by the log of iperf server side. No overrun or underrun errors. The sample rate is 10M. The OS of my computers is ubuntu 16 and cpu is i7. Also, the %cpu is only 310% as shown by the top command. The distance between two usrps is about 0.5 meters.  Is the performance too low ? I think it should be much higher. But how can I improve it ? Where is the bottleneck ?

Can anyone help me ? Thanks ahead.

Best Regards.

Siyu