[Discuss-gnuradio] Custom C++ blocks on E310

From: Jessica Iwamoto
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Custom C++ blocks on E310
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 16:53:20 +0000

Hi all,

I have built custom C++ blocks that work on my PC, but don’t work when cross compiled for the E310. Specifically, I am trying to build a custom C++ block with a message port and cross compile it for the E310. I am using version 3.7.12 of GNU radio and the latest version of the SDK/toolchain for the E310. I have built a simple message sink block with just a message input port and put it in a flowgraph with a message strobe. My code runs correctly on my PC but when I run it on the E310, I get the error:

Could not find port: msg in:

system

Bus error

I am able to create custom python blocks with message ports and run them on the E310 and my PC with no issues. Additionally, I am unable to create custom C++ blocks with normal input and output streams on the E310 (the program seg faults when I try to connect the custom block to another block), but they run correctly on my PC. Any suggestions on what could be causing this?

Thanks,

Jessica