[Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_spectrum_sense.py

From: MuratCA77
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_spectrum_sense.py
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 11:24:13 -0700 (MST)

The current outputs produced by the usrp_spectrum_sense.py code do not
provide the bin metrics that are required for my application.  The metrics
are detection time, true detection power, the center frequency of the
transmission, the centroid, and transmission bandwidth. It was recommended
to create a second signal processing block chain in a new class similar to
the existing "top_block" which performs the sample rate reduction and bin
metrics computation. This chain would only be called for detections that
pass the threshold test.

The main idea is that Spectrum Monitoring System sweeps through the full
frequency range at a coarse FFT resolution, picks out frequencies where
something is present, and goes back and does higher-resolution scans of
these regions until a candidate frequency is selected for bin metrics. It
does not have to be in real time. We are using HackRF One.

I was wondering if I can receive guidance on implementing the main idea in
python.