Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] scratch space in output buffer

From: Miklos Maroti
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] scratch space in output buffer
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 15:42:29 -0500

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the quick response!

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Ron Economos <address@hidden> wrote:
> If you call set_output_multiple() in your block constructor, it will
> guarantee the size of the output buffer.

That would actually work (so I return exactly one block of items less
than requested, and use the last slot for scratch space), although it
will be inefficient for large scratch space size (I need a few hundred
samples).

> The scheduler won't touch it until you exit your block with:
>
> return noutput_items;

No good, I would like my scratch place to be preserved across
general_work calls, so return noutput_items will not be enough.

Best,
Miklos