Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] dB or dBm

From: Julian Arnold
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] dB or dBm
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 18:17:06 +0200

Hey,

as has been said previously, it depends on the type of signal you are
observing how you would need to characterize and measure its power.
For example, your signal will change over time depending on your payload
data which you need to consider. You would also need to consider the
bandwidth of the signal as it is not just made up of one peak in the
frequency domain.

I would try something simpler at the beginning. Generate a constant tone
at a fixed frequency and try to measure its power first.
Than, you can think about more complex signals.

Cheers,