[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with Convertion From BLOB to String in a PMT

From: Cristian Rodríguez
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with Convertion From BLOB to String in a PMT message C++
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 22:03:18 -0500

Hi all.

I'm trying to convert a variable from BLOB to String.

I'm trying to do this.

Imágenes integradas 1

Before, the next block was instead of WiFi App.

Imágenes integradas 2
Message strobe sends a PMT message of STRING type (without car and cdr, just message_port_pub(pmt::mp("strobe"), pmt.intern("12345678")); ), then I need to send from the port Message out a PMT message of STRING type.

But I receive the message in a BLOB type. I was trying all types of methods, but I can't convert from BLOB to String If I send BLOB it doesn't work.

The message comes in the cdr of the PMT, so i tried with different versions of this code

        pmt::pmt_t blob(pmt::cdr(msg));
        const char *aux = reinterpret_cast<const char *>(pmt::blob_data(blob));

        pmt::pmt_t snrf2 = pmt::intern(std::string(aux));
        std::cout << "Es blob " <<std::string(aux)<< std::endl;
        message_port_pub(pmt::mp("message out"), snrf2);

There, i try to convert it to a char and later from char to String, but it doesn't work.

What do you think i can do? What i need is to take de data in BLOB format, convert it to String, save it in a PMT message and send it.

Thanks a lot for your time to read.

Best regards,

Cristian