Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cmake warning with -DENABLE_PERFORMANCE_COUNTERS-

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cmake warning with -DENABLE_PERFORMANCE_COUNTERS-On (gr-ieee80211)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 06:38:55 +0100

Hi,

On 07/12/2017 01:19 AM, sumit kumar wrote:
However when I drag and dropped ctrlport in wifi_transceiver.grc , I see the following

ControlPort Monitor running.
gr::log :INFO: controlport - Apache Thrift: -h john-Precision-5510 -p 39251
Omonitor::endpoints() = -h john-Precision-5510 -p 39251
running: ['gr-perf-monitorx', 'john-Precision-5510', '39251']
OConfiguration has not turned on all of the appropriate ControlPort features:
     [ControlPort] on = False
     [ControlPort] edges_list = False
     [PerfCounters] on = False
     [PerfCounters] export = False

Then I manually set all of them to True, as I did last time, but no luck.

What do you mean with no luck? If it was the same output, you might have edited the wrong file. (The output above says you should turn on performance counters in your config. Your build is probably fine, i.e., it doesn't ask you to recompile. Just switch them on in your config.)

See here for how to enable ControlPort. Performance counters are enabled similarly.

https://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_ctrlport.html

Do I have to rebuild everything again ? The documentation says I can change the behavior at runtime :(

You can change these values without recompiling. If it didn't work, you might have adapted the wrong configuration file.

Best,
Bastian