Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SSH using gr-ieee 802.11 transceiver : (the youtu

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SSH using gr-ieee 802.11 transceiver : (the youtube demo)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 08:16:50 +0100

Hi,

On 07/12/2017 07:36 AM, sumit kumar wrote:
Hi,

Actually I am trying the same set-up :) However I face some issues. Such as , when I configure my TP Link dongle (ath9k) in ad-hoc mode, it switches to 802.11b, instead of 802.11g. Could you suggest any such dongle where I can force change the modulation method.

Try forcing the dongle to a specific rate after you switched it to ad hoc mode. If that doesn't work, I would use the 5GHz band (there it doesn't downgrade to 11b). Make sure to use a channel that doesn't require DFS.

Regarding, ARP entries, I had the idea (couldn't go ahead becz dongle switch to 802.11b) : First establish adhoc connection between two dongles(so that ARP tables are updated). Then copy mac address of one dongle(say dongle A) to the transmitter of my openairinterface wifi transceiver, then power off the dongle A and turn on my own cloned transceive > However I was trying to send ACK for the pings generated from dongle B (the other dongle) before the layer 2 trails are exhausted. I am trying all this inside a RF cage.

That's a question for the people from openairinterface.

How do you manage to work without sending ACK. Also I believe , you did that video demo over the air. How did you manage without CSMA :)

Sending ACKs is not the same as CSMA. The transceiver doesn't send ACKs, if some packet is lost, TCP resends the segment. (ARQ happens on transport layer not on link layer).

Best,
Bastian

    Best,
    Bastian

        Regards

        Sumit

        * It reminds me of tunnel application which I ran on GNU Radio
        long back (2012 I guess). There was an application tunnel.py

-- Dipl.-Inform. Bastian Bloessl
    CONNECT Center
    Trinity College Dublin

    GitHub/Twitter: @bastibl