Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Decoding 2FSK Compensating for carrier jitter/ske

From: HLL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Decoding 2FSK Compensating for carrier jitter/skewing (CFO)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 13:56:35 +0300

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 1:56 AM, Cinaed Simson <address@hidden> wrote:
It seems odd that a device with a maximum power 116 dBm would have such
a weak signal.
As I mentioned earlier, I'm not really sure what is the frequency of the device is, I just scanned the 300 + area and I found a few that correlate with the device transmission
This one was taken on 440.15M; I Also have another similar capture, captured at 419.562M

Maybe the antenna was to close? The distance of the receiving antenna
was roughly 0.1 of the carrier wavelength from transmitting antenna.
I guess it was, distance was around 8-15 cm or so, as the wavelength is 68.15cm, When capturing I didn't considered it (or even known it is a factor)
The antenna used is the stock RTL SDR one.

If you can recommend some hackish (DIY or even retail) antenna to better receive that signal that would be grate.

Also, the documents indicate the channel width is from 7 kHz to 16 kHz -
the sampling rate of 8 kHz may have been to small.
Well, As  Andy mentioned, it's not FSK, so the documentation may be talking about other version of the device.
I Downsampled the capture to 8khz after centering because that was much more then 2 times of bandwidth I've seen on the FFT on active burst

But in any case, there's a lot of good information in this thread and
it's going to take me a while to digest all of it.
If that helps, I kindda made a quick graph that does similar thing to Andy's graph, and I got similar results:

Inline image 1

now it seems that a large CFO glitch translates to short glitchs in the digital signal

Graph:
Inline image 2