Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Debugging polar code crashes

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Debugging polar code crashes
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 16:47:17 -0700

On 07/13/2017 12:03 AM, Johannes Demel wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> could you be more specific about
> 'When I drop the POLAR code configurator block on the canvas, the
> gnuradio program turns down.'?
> Does GRC quit with an error? Does it turn dark and is unresponsive? Is
> there anything printed on the commandline?
>
> Cheers
> Johannes

Hey, I had that problem too!

In my case, all the tests pass - I have the correct version of GSL
installed - namely 1.16

But I couldn't even load the polar grc files.

When I press open on the grc it hangs - the grc was consuming 100% of
the cpu.

Eventually I had to kill it.

I first noticed it in gnuradio-3.7.10. I'm currently running
gnuradio-3.7.12git and I just checked and the problem is still there.

And I can't generate the python code using grcc - both polar grc
examples generate errors.

-- Cinaed

> On 12.07.2017 18:04, Marcus Müller wrote:
>> Those test failures aren't great, but I think they might be bugs in the
>> tests.
>>
>> So, OK, can't remember what you need to do under Ubuntu to get the full
>> Python debugging capability in GDB, but I wrote a (slightly dated, since
>> the python commands have improved) tutorial on debugging crashing Python
>> applications [1].
>> The idea is to simply execute your minimal crashing example using
>>
>> gdb --args python2 /path/to/flowgraph.py
>> (gdb) run
>> <wait for crash>
>> (gdb) backtrace
>>
>> and figure out why where how things crash. If you got a backtrace, and
>> don't immediately see how to proceed (hint: print a few local variables,
>> if possible, using gdb's "print" command), share it with the mailing list
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Marcus
>>
>> [1]https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/TutorialsGDB
>> On 07/12/2017 05:50 PM, Alex Homero Rivadeneira Erazo wrote:
>>> I am using ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
>>>
>>> At the end of the make test, I have obtained some failures:
>>>
>>> 97% tests passed, 6 tests failed out of 218
>>>
>>> Total Test time (real) = 142.49 sec
>>>
>>> The following tests FAILED:
>>> 48 - qa_ctrlport_probes (Failed)
>>> 59 - qa_cpp_py_binding (Failed)