[Discuss-gnuradio] Automatically Close GNURadio at completion

From: Brian Clark
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Automatically Close GNURadio at completion
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 17:35:31 +0100

Evening all,

I am working on a project to realise some form of cognitive radio.

I am new to GNURadio so please bear with me.

I have so far successfully enabled a spectrum scan and can set a local variable based on this for the optimum channel.  Additionally, I have been able to transmit that frequency (using a file) to the receiver for an over the air reconfiguration (OTAR).

What I am struggling with now, and hopefully it is a simple solution, Once I have sent the file for the OTAR I wish that python file generated by GNURadio to automatically close after a time period, say 30 secs.  This should trigger the quitting rule, within this is the command to open my second transmission file which will send the data file.

Is there a simple way to get the GNURadio file to automatically quit after a given time period?

Attached is my .py file which has been slightly tweaked but commented on at the top