[Discuss-gnuradio] Ask for help on preamble detection

From: Adhitha Dias
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ask for help on preamble detection
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 14:48:00 +0800

Hi,

I am a new user of GNU radio. I have 2 X310 USRPs and I want to use one TX antenna in one USRP to transmit a WiFi packet(802.11 a/g/n) and detect the packet and store it from two RX antennas in the other USRP at the same time and save it for off-line processing. I need to detect the preamble of the WiFi packet from both the antennas in order to do my signal processing using MATLAB.

I am uncertain whether I can do this using the blocks available in GNURadio; Send one WiFi packet, receive it from 2 antennas at once synchronously and save it in a file to be used with MATLAB.

I am trying to do this for a implementation of the MUSIC algorithm. I searched for an answer on the Internet but I don't seem to find a good article on how to send and save the WiFi packet.

Any help on a tutorial or the steps to do it would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Best regards,

Adhitha Dias
Undergraduate,
Department of Electronics and Telecommunication,
University of Moratuwa,
Sri Lanka.