Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Updating variable by passing message

From: Brian
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Updating variable by passing message
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 11:04:00 +0100

Mohammed,

That's good question and I'm working on a project that requires me to do similar but mine is frequency.

I believe that once a code is run and your receiver is running that changing a variable is not possible.

However I have a workaround, I am using a file as a source which will be either blank (so no action takes place) or a frequency value, this triggers a reset of python and then reads in the value as a variable.

This works quite well in my case but may not suit all applications.  My receiver only needs to be on when I trigger it from the transmitter, it can't be used if you're looking for a constant FFT plot.

Hope this helps and if there are any suggestions for a more refined solution that would be great.

Brian