[Discuss-gnuradio] GPS tracking on a map over mobile app software using

From: Antti Ruohonen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS tracking on a map over mobile app software using RF
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 17:50:29 +0300

Hello, I tried to search for any mobile applications (done or in progress) that used GNU Radio or any other software to transfer mobile phone GPS data over radio.

For example, there is a map on the mobile app, where you can see each mobile devices' location as it sends the GPS data to the other devices over the radio frequencies.

Are there any features like forementioned in GNU Radio or any similar projects? I'm asking because in crowded events the normal mobile data frequencies are so heavily used that they are unavailable, so other radio frequencies might be less congested. Thank you.