Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] Audio Control loop testing

From: Benny Alexandar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] Audio Control loop testing
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 17:10:38 +0000

Hi Marcus,

Yes its true I couldn' t make much progress on this.  Not able to find time as I have a full time job.  If I remember correctly, you mentioned that no-one has implemented audio control loop within GNU Radio. And you were suggesting to write it for ALSA and not with JACK.

May I know why not with JACK ? If I need to make it with JACK, GNU radio should run as  a client and output to JACK input port and another client which does the audio control loop and send the output for playback.  May be its not required, if we can make  a sink block with ALSA and implement the audio control loop.

Here, I need your inputs. Can you please state the requirements. How it has to be in GNU radio chain etc.

-ben