[Discuss-gnuradio] stop/start is not called in gr.basic_block

From: Miklos Maroti
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] stop/start is not called in gr.basic_block
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 21:13:34 -0500

Hi Guys,

I am trying to implement a simple block in python but it seems that
stop and start is never called when I implement them. The bare bones
python code would be this:

class test(gr.basic_class):
    def __init__(self):
        gr.basic_block.__init__(self, name="test", in_sig=None, out_sig=None)

    def start(self):
        print "never called"
        return gr.basic_block.start(self)

The same works in C++. I could not find any example that implements
start/stp in python, but looking at the docs for gr.basic_block it
should work. Any ideas?

Miklos