[Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: Random test failures when compiling GNURadio fro

From: Kevin George
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: Random test failures when compiling GNURadio from source
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 15:14:03 -0500

Hello,

We have been trying to compile and run GNURadio from source and the make tests have been failing randomly.

Machine Details
Intel NUC (x86-64 machine)
Ubuntu 16.04.03
GNU Radio version 3.7.11
gcc version 5.4.0 20160609

Commands used
git clone --recursive https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio
git checkout v3.7.11
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DENABLE_GR_QTGUI=OFF -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local ../
make -j4
make test

Out of every 4 compilations, 1/2 would fail the make test e.g qa_constellation_receiver(attached error with email) or
qa_ofdm_sync_sc_cfb. Our fix so far has been to re-run the build with no modifications and the tests pass.

I have seen similar errors pop up in the mailing lists and the cause is usually incorrect setting of seed.
e.g https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2012-04/msg00318.html
Does this issue still persist? or known?

--
Regards
Kevin