[Discuss-gnuradio] Change filter parameters in running flowgraph?

From: John Ackermann N8UR
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Change filter parameters in running flowgraph?
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 13:05:01 -0400

I'm getting ready to do a Gnuradio tutorial for a local group, and want to show the impact of decimation and filtering. I created a QT Gui Range parameter that sets the ID "decimation".

In the low pass filter block I the decimation value is set to "decimation." That seems to work and I can see the span of the QT Frequency Sink change as the decimation value changes.

But I also use the decimation parameter to determine the cutoff frequency ((samp_rate/decimation)/2) and transition width ((samp_rate/decimation)/10). However, these don't seem to change dynamically when the flowgraph is running-- the filter remains at the width it was when the flowgraph started.

Is there a way to have the filter change as the decimation parameter changes?

Thanks,
John