Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Looking for tutorials (was: Hi all)

From: Nirmala Soundararajan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Looking for tutorials (was: Hi all)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 20:39:23 -0500

Hi Marcus,

Yes. I understand that I need to be more specific in the subject. Thanks for correcting.

When I use the signal source block, although its already digital, I thought I must specify sampling rate as per Nyquist condition in the "samp_rate" variable.  (Suppose the tone is 10 kHz, then I must give more than 20 kHz as sampling rate). For the USRP sink, "center frequency parameter", I understood that I can specify the carrier frequency that carries the baseband signal.

But I also observed that if I change the variable samp_rate, it changes throughout in all other blocks as well. So it must be a global parameter and not necessarily the Nyquist sample rate as I thought it to be! Request you to kindly explain.

When I multiply two signals and plot the FFT, the plot mentions dB for the frequency components. You already corrected me earlier that its not power. Then what does this dB mean?

regards

Nirmala