Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Is it safe to use get_tags_in_range within foreca

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Is it safe to use get_tags_in_range within forecast?
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 10:13:20 -0500

Hi Markus - I think you'd be safe using a 1:1 sync block; ignore forecast since
it's just an estimate & at least some of the time your block is copying 1:1 so
it's kinda in the right ballpark; then in ::work() retrieve all of the rags in
input range & if your special one is found then copy the data starting with
that tag location & make sure to return the correct value for the # of items
generated. If your tag isn't found, then just drop the data. You'll have better
control of you inherit from gr::block instead of gr::sync_block, but I think
either could work. What you're looking to do, I think, is basically a tag-based
flow control or gate & the above should work fine for it. Hope this is useful.
- MLD