[Discuss-gnuradio] [GREP] GNU Radio Coding Guidelines

From: Martin Braun
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GREP] GNU Radio Coding Guidelines
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 12:20:32 -0800

Hi all,

recently, we announced the GREP process (see also here:
https://www.gnuradio.org/blog/gnu-radio-enhancement-proposal-process/).

The first actual GNU Radio Enhancement Proposal is about *coding
guidelines*, you can find the associated PR here:
https://github.com/gnuradio/greps/pull/4

To recap the process, this PR will be up for discussion for a little
longer until there's no objections to merging it. Merging it does not
however finalize it, it just means it's deemed good enough to become an
official GREP, in "Draft" status. Eventually, we'll flag it as "Active",
and even then, it's open for discussion (but once that happens, it'll
also become the official coding guidelines for the project!).

If you're interested in the GREP process in general, in the coding
guidelines specifically, or both, I would recommend checking out the
repository, and commenting.

The guidelines themselves are currently 100% up for debate. I copied
them from another project and renamed the project name to "GNU Radio" as
a place to get started.

Cheers,
Martin