Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Vector average with decimate block

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Vector average with decimate block
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 20:32:14 +0000

Hi Glen,

you can't be a complete failure. Else you wouldn't be part of this
community :) and you very certainly wouldn't be writing GNU Radio
blocks after only four weeks!

Quick look at your work:

        out = output_items[0]
        # get the number of input vectors
        n = len( input_items)
        print 'Number of work input vectors: ',n

hey, what's good for output_items is good for input_items, too!
Point I'm trying to make: "output_items" is in the end a container of
all output streams; remember, blocks can have multiple output streams.
You have exactly one, so you take that by saying
out = output_items[0]

Same goes for input_items; you want the first one, so use
input_items[0] instead of input_items.

Hope that helps a bit!

Best regards,
Marcus