Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dropping samples "D" when CPU at 60%

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dropping samples "D" when CPU at 60%
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 08:39:10 +0000

Dear Bakshi,
again, we'd need to get a holistic view of what you're doing. All we
can do is speculate wildly based on your description.

> Is it just that the block I've written is not efficient enough? I
would expect higher CPU utilization in that case.

Possibly. Don't know. You tell us nothing about your block, especially
no code.

Please be more precise when asking, give your code, give actual
throughput benchmark, give us hardware information (which I've asked of
you before, but you never delivered). It's actually not easy to ask a
good question, but you really need to get better at it!

Fair warning: a sum rate of 18.75MS/s is really not that little. It's
absolutely possible you have shoddy network hardware or drivers that
just can't deal with that much data. Again, pure speculation, since you
tell us nothing about your hardware, or your OS, or anything about the
environment you're working in.

All that we can say is: something in your overall system, be it
hardware, your CPU, your RAM, your software or anything else, doesn't
work as you want it to.

Best regards,
Marcus