[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Frequency Divider

From: paGNU iea
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Frequency Divider
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 20:04:13 -0400

 Hi, my name is paul.

I have a little issue, I need to do a frequency divider by 2, I did a frequency multiplier by 2 and it is simple, because it is a multiply block that have the same signal source at the inputs, and it produces at the output the frequency adition, but the case of divider is complicated.

At the first I've tried multiplying by a cosine wave at half the frequency . However there is a problem with the synchronization

Also I know I can resample up and then treat it as if I'm at the same frequency, however I want to divide the frequency of my signal by 2 and keep the same number of samples.

Also I was trying to do a python embeded block in GNU Radio, but I found it a little complicated
How would one implement a frequency divider?

Thank you all for your time .