[Discuss-gnuradio] Hunting for DMR issue with gnuradio?

From: Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Hunting for DMR issue with gnuradio?
Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 08:49:50 +0200

Hi all,

Not 100% on-topic, but maybe I am not the only one with such problems.

I am member of a small team that operates a world-wide DMR ham radio network
(BrandMeister, http://brandmeister.network, and I belong to the German
http://bm262.de guys), and we are hunting down (at least we try) an issue
with talker alias and embedded data transmission. Motorola radios sometimes
lose the voice sync when such data are sent - but it only happens on Hytera
repeaters.

Now the idea is, we know the network data stream (as we create it on our
servers), and at least we are convinced that we follow the specs, so
possibly the Hytera repeater alter it before transmitting the stream - thus
we need to monitor the air interface.

I know that solutions like dsd do exist, but before we step deeper into this
- has anybody here some experience with diving deeper into the DMR CAI,
using free tools? We are not commercial, so we do not have any test
equipment for digital radio, but we have gnuradio, have SDRs... What would
be quite useful is logging superframes and frames with their headers, LC,
voice headers...

Any input is highly welcome and may help making our community driven DMR
radio network better!

Thanks in advance, and with best regards

Ralph, dk5ras.

--

Ralph A. Schmid
Mondstr. 10