Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFNoC FPGA Image Downloading

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFNoC FPGA Image Downloading
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 14:50:32 -0700

On 04/05/2018 05:04 PM, Greg Rendon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am attempting to use RFNoC on an e312.
> I am using a clean install from the latest Ubuntu 16.04 image in a VM as
> a host.
> I am following the guide
> at
> https://kb.ettus.com/Software_Development_on_the_E3xx_USRP_-_Building_RFNoC_UHD_/_GNU_Radio_/_gr-ettus_from_Source.
>
> In section 6.3 when I run uhd_images_downloader the script selects the
> e3xx_e310_fpga_default-g1c568e6.zip images file due to this being listed
> in _MANIFEST_CONTENTS at the bottom of the script, despite the
> _UHD_VERSION being listed as 4.0.0.rfnoc-devel-638-g93e5ff8a.
> Additionally I cannot find an images file with this UHD version in
>  http://files.ettus.com/binaries/images/ as the guide suggests nor
> anywhere in files.ettus.com <http://files.ettus.com>.  The result is
> that I have no FPGA images in my image directory that contain
> rfnoc-devel in the filename.
>
> Does someone know where this images file resides, or how to access the
> UHD git repo that would correspond to the latest available images file,
> or how to compile the correct image?
> Possibly the default image now contains the RFNoC content?
> Please advise.  Thanks.

Hey Greg,

sorry to hear about your E312 issues. You can build images for the E310
off of this branch: https://github.com/EttusResearch/fpga/tree/rfnoc-devel

We had some issues with the E310 which are mostly resolved. As of right
now, if you want to set up an RFNoC flow graph that only TX's, it won't
work, but we have a fix for that and then we can update the images package.

Cheers,
Martin