[Discuss-gnuradio] Problems with FEC encoder/decoder

From: Verónica Toro Betancur
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems with FEC encoder/decoder
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 09:14:48 +0300

Hi,

I am working with the "mpsk_stage6.grc" of the gr-tutorial. I added a FEC Enconder and a FEC Decoder to the flowgraph as follows:

File source --> Unpack k bits (8) --> FEC Encoder --> Packet encoder --> Map (-1,1) --> Packet encoder --> Constellation Modulator --> ... --> Differential decoder --> Unpack k bits (2) --> Packet decoder --> Char to float --> FEC decoder --> ...

When I run the FEC blocks with a dummy encoder/decoder everything works well, as expected. But none of the other FEC codes (repetition, cc, LDPC) work. The repetition codes, for instance, works well for a while but then, it starts to send garbage to the File_sink. After a while, works well again but has many lost packets, and some the garbage as well.

I am not sending anything over the air. Everything runs on the same machine.

Could you please help me to figure out what is happening?
Thanks in advance.

Verónica