Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Digital Modulation - Loopeback Constellation

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Digital Modulation - Loopeback Constellation
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 10:00:24 +0000

Hi Luis,

I hope you're using an attenuator with a cable or antennas in your
feedback, not to risk damaging your receiver!

What you need to do to get a similar constellation is the whole dance
that is taught in your average digital communication basics lecture:

Synchronization in time, and phase (and theoretically frequency, but
when it's really only a loopback, that's not an issue, since they will
be identical), an equalizer if your channel leads to ISI, and
potentially phase tracking, as well as usually some sort of pulse
shaping filter etc.

Best regards,
Marcus