Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Need help with CtrlPort Performance Monitor

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Need help with CtrlPort Performance Monitor
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 08:20:07 +0000

Hi Jim,
that's good news so far :)

So, each time you run your flow graph, the following line should
change:

 monitor::endpoints() = -h vmware -p 40161

at least in the port number at the end.

Now, remove the ctrlport monitor from your flowgraph (disable it);
start your flow graph and let it run. You should still see such a line
being printed!

In a separate terminal, start

gr-ctrlport-monitor vmware 40161

(replacing 40161 with the port number from the output of the flow
graph)

My guess is that it says "could not connect to endpoint..."; and that
might just be a network issue. I found that on my machine, thrift only
listens on IPv6, and if that's strangely set up (which it sometimes is
especially with VMs), things might go astray.
You can check where (on which port) your flowgraph is listening for
connections by doing something like

netstat -lpn | grep 40161

Hope that helps us get forward,
Best regards,