Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] installing gnuradio using pybombs

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] installing gnuradio using pybombs
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 15:50:00 +0000

Hi Roland,

is there a specific reason you prefer building quite everything from
source rather than going for the binary packages Ubuntu ships?

For usage and module development, I generally recommend that people
just use the packages that their distros offer. Now, as usual, Ubuntu
lags quite a bit behind e.g. Debian Unstable, but Ubuntu 18.04 ships
3.7.11.0, so it's tolerably old. If there's a bug in that, we'd love to
hear about it!

Best regards,
Marcus