Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Probe Rate block

From: eva some
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Probe Rate block
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 09:22:28 -0600

Good to know!

Thank you all, and thank you to Gnu Radio ORG!

Evariste S.

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 12:45 PM, Müller, Marcus (CEL) <address@hidden> wrote:
There's no relationship, unless you have *hardware* that you configure
to that sampling rate.

In a GNU Radio flowgraph without SDR hardware, every block just
calculates as fast as it can. The sampling rate only has a *numerical*
meaning to some blocks – for example, the signal source block uses the
desired signal frequency, divides it by the sampling rate, and then
knows how many samples a period of a sine wave has.
So, a flow graph that is only

signal source -> null sink

will produce **exactly** the same data when configured
samp_rate = 1e6, sine frequency = 100e3
and
samp_rate = 10, sine frequency = 0.1

Best regards,