[Discuss-gnuradio] GRCon Update - Schedule, Workshops, and Tickets

From: Derek Kozel
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRCon Update - Schedule, Workshops, and Tickets
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 08:51:06 -0700

Hello folks,

The GNU Radio Conference is coming up next month!

The Regular Registration ticket sales will end on Friday. More tickets will be available up to and during the conference, but at Late Registration rate, so register now if you know you're going!
https://www.gnuradio.org/grcon-2018/register/

The schedule and talk descriptions are on the website.
https://www.gnuradio.org/grcon-2018/schedule/
https://www.gnuradio.org/grcon-2018/speakers/

We are very excited about the workshops and tutorials which are being run this year.
* Introduction to the ADALM-PLUTO SDR, Linux's IIO, and Open-Source Toolchains
* Systems Programming on the IIO based radios within the IIO Framework
* Introduction to FPGA Programming on the USRP Using the RFNoC Framework
* DVB-S2/X Block Party - DVB-S2 and DVB-S2X receivers in GNU Radio
* Overview of Machine Learning (ML) Applications using open-source ML/SDR tools in RF systems, Sensing and Navigation
* Antenna Design and Analog Frontend Considerations
* Open Source Licensing Workshop
* Fixing your first GNU Radio bug
https://www.gnuradio.org/grcon-2018/workshops/

Additionally there will be four community and development focused break out sessions.
* Heterogeneous Computing
* GNU Radio Educators Group
* Documentation
* SigMF Breakout Session
https://www.gnuradio.org/grcon-2018/workgroups/

We say it on the site, we'll say it at the conference, and I'll say it every opportunity I have; Our amazing sponsors are essential to us being able to run the conference every year. Their support lets us bring in our keynote speakers, subsidize student attendees, have the talks professionally recorded, and numerous other parts of making the event excellent and run smoothly. Particular thanks to SkySafe for sponsoring the Monday night social event.
https://www.gnuradio.org/grcon-2018/sponsors/

We'll have a few more announcements over the next weeks. The organizing committee and GNU Radio project members very much look forward to seeing many of you at the conference.