Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LDPC in GNURadio

From: Andrej Rode
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LDPC in GNURadio
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2018 17:32:10 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 06, 2018 at 02:31:46PM +0000, Johannes Demel wrote:
> Hi,

> Earlier someone pointed out that all these implementations for LDPC codes are
> not very fast. We would only have that with precompiled codes. This is one of
> those flexibility vs. speed cases. I would assume that GR would lean towards
> flexiblity here. Though, an OOT module which helps to integrate precompiled,
> very fast LDPC codes is very interesting for special use cases. I assume the
> DVB folks would appreciate it.

I can imagine having a LDPC implementation which will use specialized
precompiled codes if available and fall back to a generic implementation
if no specialized code is available.
This could be helpful to add already established protocols into GR
without sacrifice in flexibility.

Cheers
Andrej
--
Andrej Rode
GPG Key: 750B CBBB 4A75 811A 4D5F 03ED 5C23 7FB8 9A7D A2AA