Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Any example to show me how to use the " QAM Demod

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Any example to show me how to use the " QAM Demod " module?
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 10:35:14 +0000

Dear Eric,

the QAM Demod and Mod blocks are deprecated. Thus, please don't use
them! We can't help you if anything doesn't work, and they randomly
drop data.

> I confused about the output data format of the QAM Demod module and
how to deal with them.

That output is just the bits contained in the QAM modulation.

I can't with a good conscience tell you what *not* to use without
telling you *what* to use. So:

go into your /usr[/local]/share/gnuradio/examples/digital/packet.
You'll find packet_loopback_hier. By default, it's configured to be a
QPSK, but you can change the Constellation object to your heart's
delight. Try with the default first! That's a 4-QAM right there ;)

Best regards,
Marcus