[Discuss-gnuradio] no uhd/osmocom blocks with 3.8?

From: Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] no uhd/osmocom blocks with 3.8?
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2018 15:09:06 +0200

Hi,

I am using gnuradio on Kubuntu 18.04, built from source, also uhd,
osmocom-sdr-stuff, limesdr etc. is built from sources.

Up to gnuradio 3.7 this was all fine, no problems, but with the update to
3.8 the problems began. First issue is that many projects simply do not
recognize 3.8 as valid dependency - in those cases it is a matter of the
project maintainers, and those who work on this need to consider the latest
gnuradio release. Most of them are not important to me and just were
installed for playing around -> no big deal, maybe time will heal this.

However gnuradio 3.8 offers me no source/sink blocks to my SDR hardware
anymore. I completely emptied /usr/locale/, reloaded the repositories and
built and installed it all from scratch, with no remarkable errors, but
still gnuradio-companion offers me no SDR source/sink blocks at all.

Checking out maint-3.7 fixes this, all build and installs and becomes usable
as before.

I am not a coding guy, but this leaves me back somehow baffled, as in all
the years I compile this stuff from sources I never had such issues.

Cmake output of all those packages is normal, gnuradio builds all parts,
none is left out, the SDR stuff builds the blocks normally, and the uhd and
limesdr probe/test utils detect their SDRs just fine, so at this point I am
done with my limited knowledge.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks a lot, and with best regards

Ralph, dk5ras.