[Discuss-gnuradio] Is it safe to modify input buffers in general_work()?

From: rear1019
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Is it safe to modify input buffers in general_work()?
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 21:38:18 +0100

Hello,

I would like to know whether it is safe to modify input buffers in
general_work(). Looking at the documentation of gr::buffer [1] I
strongly assume that the answer is no (“Single writer, multiple reader
fifo.”).

I have considered to check gr::buffer’s documentation only due to some
knowledge of GNU Radio. I will add warnings to more obvious places
(gr::block documentation/C++ tutorial) if my assumption is confirmed.

[1] https://www.gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/classgr_1_1buffer.html