Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 'module' object has no attribute

From: Dave NotTelling
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 'module' object has no attribute
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 09:20:40 -0500

Guy,

     I assume that error is coming from Python.  If that's the case, then it might be that your Swig build messed up somewhere or the lib and Swig are not agreeing.  When I get those kinds of errors I will edit the __init__.py file for the Python module (likely in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/your_module_name/) and remove the `pass` for the ImportError and replace with `import traceback; traceback.print_exc()` to see what's wrong.  It might be that your .so file isn't being imported properly to Python.  Making that __init__ change and then running `python -c 'import your_module_name'` should result in seeing a better error.  If no error happens, then you can also try running `python -c 'import my_module_name; print dir(your_module_name)` to see if your module actually has any contents at all.

     Hope that helps!

-Dave