Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] moving_average_ff

From: Glen I Langston
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] moving_average_ff
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 16:33:08 -0500

Hi

There are probably several blocks that could do the running
average.   I’ve written a version in python, which is a part
of the radio astronomy interface.

The code and radio astronomy interface and instructions are at:

GitHub.com/glangsto/gr-nsf

The python blocks are in the sub-directory “python”.
The averaging blocks are:
ra_vave.py  - vector averaging (nothing specific to Radio Astronomy == ra)
ra_vmedian.py - median averaging for interference removal, useful for ra.

There is an example gnuradio companion program that works with simulated data.

vectordemo.grc

The data analysis tools for radio astronomy observation.

I’ve just downloaded the very most recent gnu radio and ran it today,
so it all appears to be working fine.

Best regards

Glen