Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Topic:PyQt4,gnu radio modules not found

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Topic:PyQt4,gnu radio modules not found
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 01:09:50 -0800

On 12/29/18 8:12 PM, Prasoon P wrote:

> _Linux Version_
> Also,I installed the GNU Radio after installation of Ubuntu using
> Virtualbox.I tried
> 1.executing uhd_fft.py -a type=usrp1 -f 935M -s 2M.Got this ERROR
> :unable to access X display ,is $ X DISPLAY set properly?I set export
> DISPLAY=:0.That also didnt work.
> 2.Executing   gnuradio-companion ,which gave me ERROR:Segmentation fault.
>
> I'm blocked ,for both windows and ubuntu versions of GNU Radio :(

My guess is you're not running X server on Ubuntu - which is required to
run uhd_fft.py and gnuradio-companion.

In order to so, you have to login to the console of the Ubuntu OS.

If you're logging into Ubuntu via a terminal from Windows, then you
can't run any application which requires X - unless you have a X server
running on Windows - but then that's different can worms - and I know
nothing about Windows - let alone Windows with a X server.

-- Cinaed