Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Regarding correlate access code-tag block

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Regarding correlate access code-tag block
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 12:39:21 -0800

As you may have already discovered, I was wrong about unpacking bits for
fec.

Actually, I have no idea on how I'm getting the results I'm getting
using my modifications of your flowgraph - those depreciated blocks
definitely have strange problems. If I insert the unpack k=8 block as
required for fec the flowgraph doesn't work.

I ran into a problem testing fec - I modified your sources and I didn't
have enough frame bits. So I set the frame bits to exactly what I need.

And I can't get a simple correlation access tagged test working - even
with a tag gate. The only way it works is if remove the access code -
which defeats the purpose.

So I'm go to have to evolve and get the protocol formatter working.

Also, you don't have to use the rx and tx packet blocks - you can use
the replacements for the PSK mod/demod blocks - the constellation
mod/demod blocks - you probably shouldn't use any depreciated blocks.

-- Cinaed