Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Clone existing blocks in my own GNURadio project

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Clone existing blocks in my own GNURadio project
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 19:26:41 +0000

I love the GSoC idea!
By the way, I wouldn't object to something like that being added by
*someone* to gr_modtool. It just doesn't fit my idea of what I'd wisely
spend my time on, as of course I always hope that people find an
abstraction of their own modification that they think helps more people
and upstream it – or really, anything that is an extension without
downsides should be upstreamable, as I hope the project gets "quickly-
evolving" enough that people simply prefer working upstream instead of
distributing their patched version to their machines.

By the way, the example with the debug line is an excellent example of
something that *should* be incredibly easy to upstream and just enable
if someone needs the output. That's why we're re-doing the logging
system currently. (It's currently sadly not incredibly easy, and I
fully understand where you're coming from.)

Best regards,
Marcus