[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem of puncturing in the FEC Extended Tagged Enco

From: NAVES Raphael
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem of puncturing in the FEC Extended Tagged Encoder
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 18:41:26 +0100

Dear all,

I am using the FEC Extended Tagged Encoder block with a CC Encoder Object. Everything is fine when there is no puncturing (meaning that P = '11'). However when I want to add some puncturing, there is a problem of tag. Indeed, the length tag is not updated depending on the puncturing pattern. For example if my input stream is of "length=1000" and my puncturing pattern is P='1101', the real output stream is of length 750 whereas the tag is still "length=1000".

I have some idea to fix this (for instance by adding a block just after this one to modify the tag value). However, I think it could directly be corrected in the original block.

I'm using GNU Radio Companion 3.7.10.2.

Best,

Raphaƫl