Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB driver on Ettus B200 mini

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB driver on Ettus B200 mini
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 20:14:32 +0100

Dear Linda,

this is unrelated to GNU Radio; so, the usrp-users mailing list would
be better suited to such discussion.

Knowing UHD and the USB driver: Bad news, with the way the device
works, you won't be able to improve the driver much. I doubt one can
significantly increase throughput short of re-designing the B200. The
interrupt load is directly related to number of USB packets, and those
are what transports your samples, and have a maximum size. A non-bulk
transfer mode might help, but unless someone demonstrates that's true,
I'd be doubtful. After all, there's been a couple of engineer work
years of knowledge in UHD's USB stack.

Chances are that what you do with the data is simply too much work for
your computer, and you need be cleverer about the application side of
things rather than the driver side. As said, unless things are really
GNU Radio-specific, the address@hidden mailing list would
be the platform to discuss USRP applications!

Best regards,
Marcus