[Discuss-gnuradio] PC requirements for DVB-S2 processing at a high bandw

From: Maria Jesus Cañavate Sanchez
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] PC requirements for DVB-S2 processing at a high bandwidth
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 18:33:39 +0000

Hi there!

My name is Maria and I would like to make a question regarding the kind of PC characteristics which would be required to be able to process the signal in real-time (on the PC) when using the maximum bandwidth available on the USRP X-series.

The scenario would be the following one: we would like to use GNU radio to send and receive DVB-S2 signals. Hence, the PC will do all the processing to check the BER, constellation, EVM, etc. Do you think it is possible to use a PC (with SSD drive and some suggested requirements) which could do the processing in real time or the only way to achieve that bandwidth in real time would be using the FPGA of the USRP? If the second case, then I guess we will do the processing off-line =)

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

Maria Jesus