Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] hardware impairments: phase noise generator docum

From: Ron Economos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] hardware impairments: phase noise generator documentation ?
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 08:30:41 -0800

The alpha value controls a single pole IIR filter. I've attached a flow graph with the phase noise generator hierarchical block broken out into individual blocks so that you can visualize the operation.

The alpha value is going to control the frequency (exactly how, I'm not sure), but also affects the amplitude.

Ron