Re: Additional libs - missing log?

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: Additional libs - missing log?
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 12:43:21 +0200

Hi,

"Philippe C.D. Robert" wrote:
> when specifying
>
> someName_ADDITIONAL_TOOL_LIBS += -lalib
>
> in the GNUmakefile, -lalib is not 'mentioned' anywhere when compiling. But
> when

The correct name is
  ADDITIONAL_TOOL_LIBS
not
  someName_ADDITIONAL_TOOL_LIBS

It's a makefile-level variable.

> someName_TOOL_LIBS += -lalib

This is correct.

> is used, -lalib gets perfectly listed. Why this - what is the difference?
> Which
> one should be used? Right now I use the first one in tools generated by
> ProjectCenter - should I change it?

That's very easy. Usually only use 'someName_TOOL_LIBS +='.

ADDITIONAL_TOOL_LIBS can be used to avoid redundancy in the case that
you build several tools with one makefile, eg:

instead of:
TOOL_NAME = a b c
a_TOOL_LIBS += -lalib
b_TOOL_LIBS += -lalib -lblib